The new revision of the solar controller is in operation now. It offers a hook into Home Automation and the Internet of Things (IoT). I built a website tracking the power generation and consumption in real-time. The website is for inspection of the system only – configuring the modes of the operation can only be done locally. The below image shows the location in my kitchen where the system is living in only two wicker baskets.
Appliances off the grid
This system is currently powering the following items in my household:
- TV, DVD, etc.
- Phones, tablets and other small chargers
- Laptops, printer, desk-lamp
- Cable modem, IP phone
The kitchen setup
Some details about this setup which is shown in the image on the right:
- MorningStar MPPT charge controller
- Powerbright 24V, 1000W pure sine inverter
- 2x 12V, 65AH AGM batteries
- 3x 175W Polycrystalline solar panels